Typecast
Tonight, while talking to Chef, I mentioned that I'd finished up the first draft of a new poem. She said, "Who and/or what was sent and/or retrieved from outer space?"
Anger Management
Yesterday, my workshop prof told me that I should pull my punches after I said another poet's poem was, "Cryptic--in a bad way." This is the same guy who told another student that there was only one good villanelle in English and the rest were bad--just like hers.
I also got into a heated discussion over whether a poem was prose or poetry with another workshop dude. Apparently, we said each other's name quite a bit which is workshop code for "fuck you."
I've got to go back to decaf.
Tonight, while talking to Chef, I mentioned that I'd finished up the first draft of a new poem. She said, "Who and/or what was sent and/or retrieved from outer space?"
Anger Management
Yesterday, my workshop prof told me that I should pull my punches after I said another poet's poem was, "Cryptic--in a bad way." This is the same guy who told another student that there was only one good villanelle in English and the rest were bad--just like hers.
I also got into a heated discussion over whether a poem was prose or poetry with another workshop dude. Apparently, we said each other's name quite a bit which is workshop code for "fuck you."
I've got to go back to decaf.

2 Comments:
probably using someone's name often in a heated discussion is code for fuck you in most situations. i think "fuck you big time" is when you revert to last names.
At least no one resorted to calling the other "buddy", which is like "hey, Fuck you and your mom".
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home