Saturday, September 22, 2007

Horn Dogg/Corn Dog

Yesterday, Chef tells me that she and some of her minions from work are getting together to hang out at the fair. They're going to eat some corn dogs, funnel cakes, fried Twinkies, ride the Tilt-A-Whirl, and puke like rock stars. I'm not invited, but it's just as well because I have other plans that don't revolve around eating junk food and watching my body reject it.

She meets up with Channing (he is Chef's sous chef and number one kitchen bitch). They stand around and wait for the others to show up, and after about an hour, they give up on the others showing up.

Eventually, Channing offers to buy Chef a corn dog, and Chef loves corn dogs. She can't resist them. He suggest they have one at a booth called the Horn Dogg. They order and sit down where Chef gets an extra-long stick of meat stirred in a tender coating of delicious corny goodness, something she put all the way down her throat. When she arrives at home, and tells me the story, I tell her that she got fake-dated, but she doesn't believe me.

Got any fake-date stories of your own?

4 Comments:

Blogger SarahJane said...

I never heard of "fake-dating." I mean, I know I'm out of it and an ocean away, but I'm thinking you made this up, Ash.
so clarify and I'll tell you mine.
smile

September 24, 2007 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

You know, it's when a guy/gal says, "Hey a bunch of us are getting together at X to do Y. You wanna come?" Then when you show up, there really was no "bunch of us" but instead it was all a ploy to get you alone. A fake date.

September 26, 2007 at 11:13 PM  
Blogger SarahJane said...

ah ha.
this never happened to me.
laugh

September 29, 2007 at 12:04 PM  
Blogger Rachel Mallino said...

LMAO -

once, a guy told me that a "few of us" would get together and do shrooms. I was all for it because I had never done shrooms and dying to try them. I get to his house and it's just "us". I said "f it" and did the shrooms anyway because this guy told me they would only last TWO HOURS. SIX HOURS later, after driving myself home 3 hours earlier come sleet or snow or someone dead in my trunk, I was still up, enlightened but praying to a god I don't believe in for sleep.

and there was my non-consentual date.

October 3, 2007 at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home