Reading
Next Friday I'm meeting with the creative writing director to schedule my senior reading. I'll be partnered with someone else from the program (likely a fiction writer), and we'll read for about 20 minutes each. There's usually a party afterward. It's the big send-off from the program.
I'm taking my final workshop with poet Geoff Brock this semester. It's bittersweet. Brock was my first workshop prof, and I'm finishing with him. But I'm really ready to be finished with school and get out and start living a non-student life. I've been in school for too long. I'm ready for something else.
Next Friday I'm meeting with the creative writing director to schedule my senior reading. I'll be partnered with someone else from the program (likely a fiction writer), and we'll read for about 20 minutes each. There's usually a party afterward. It's the big send-off from the program.
I'm taking my final workshop with poet Geoff Brock this semester. It's bittersweet. Brock was my first workshop prof, and I'm finishing with him. But I'm really ready to be finished with school and get out and start living a non-student life. I've been in school for too long. I'm ready for something else.

2 Comments:
Finish strong!
I'm so happy for you. Do you read Friday, too?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home