Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Nasty Bits

Last night Chef made a lickety-split trip up here. We had tickets to the Anthony Bourdain lecture here at the public library. $70 for admission to an event at the public library seemed to be a contradiction of terms but we got a lot of bang for our bucks. Chef was able to talk shop at length with Bourdain and get all of her books signed. There were hors doeuvres and lots of hooch--even good beer. I might upload some pics I snapped of Chef and Bourdain's tete-a-tete.

Tonight is Vampire Movie Night at Johnathon's--a fellow MFA-er. A bunch of us in the program have been getting together on Saturday nights to watch movies. So far we've had Zombie Movie Night. I don't know what's next. If I ever get to pick the movies, I'm throwing down some Billy Wilder or Coen Brothers films.

Finished up a sonnet this morning. I've been tinkering with it for the last week, and I think I may have gotten it right at last. We'll see. At any rate, I'm pretty bored with it now, so I'm moving along to something else.

Reading The Monkey's Mask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home